This article will guide you through how to map the relevant criteria to each activity within a programme. When the programme was originally created, you would have selected the relevant standard or framework creating a list of all assessment outcomes or criteria for your programme. Signposting activities to the relevant criteria will help your trainers in terms of assuring them that they have met the relevant teaching aspects of the programme.
Please note that activities mapped against criteria have a direct impact on monitoring and reporting learner progress throughout the apprenticeship. For example, if a piece of criteria is mapped three times across three activities, the progress against this piece of criteria won’t show as complete until all three activities have been completed (or exempted).
- Programme Contributor
- Programme Manager
How to: Mapping to a Framework
It’s sometimes tempting to tick all the criteria for an activity such as an observation as you’re unsure of what your trainer will see. We would strongly recommend against this. It is a far better approach to tick nothing and allow your trainers to individually pick the relevant criteria when they complete the activity. They are more likely to spend longer unticking criteria if you tick everything.
Ticking all the criteria when you’re unsure will also mean that you can’t get a true reflection of learner progress. The criteria won’t show as complete until all the activities it is mapped against are complete. If you are still unsure of how mapping and learner progress are related, please contact your Account Manager for more information.
The following video covers the full process for mapping to a framework. If you would prefer to read through the process, all the information you need is below the video:
How to Map Criteria - Written Steps:
1. After you’ve inputted the Off The Job Hours for an activity, you hit the “Save & Next” button:
2. This will now open up the mapping screen where you can select the appropriate framework unit or qualification you wish to map this activity to:
3. Once you’ve selected the relevant unit, use the tick boxes to select the criteria you want to map this activity to:
4. Once you have mapped the appropriate units and qualifications for this activity, hit the “Save & Close” button:
5. Complete this process for all your activities making sure that you have met all the criteria for all aspects of the programme. The “Gap Analysis” section discusses this topic in more detail.