Logging in and managing your account
- How do I register for Bud?
As part of the application process for your apprenticeship, your trainer will send you an email invitation to register on Bud.
- How do I reset my password?
Click on forgotten password at the Bud log in page web.bud.co.uk. If the email address is valid, you will receive an email from Bud which you will need to action within 12 hours. If the link has expired, simply follow the forgotten password link again to repeat the process.
- My username or password are not recognised, what should I do?
As a first step, check your email address and password are correct. Then you should follow the forgotten password link on the web login page. You'll receive an email from Bud which will enable you to reset your password. If you are still having trouble logging in after following these steps then contact the Bud support team for further assistance.
- How do I update my email address in Bud?
Once you have logged in to your Bud account, you can click on the profile icon in the top right of the screen and click account to update your email address. You'll receive an email that you'll need to action to verify the change, then you're all set to use your new email address the next time you log in.
- How do I update my mobile number in Bud
Once you have logged in to your Bud account, you can click on the profile icon in the top right of the screen and click account. You can then add or edit your mobile number and save your changes.
- How do I update my line manager in BUD if they have changed?
Contact your trainer who will be able to update your records and assign your new line manager.
- Where can I find my Unique Learner Number (ULN) in my Bud account?
Your ULN will be displayed on your Dashboard when you log in to your portal.
- How do I update my name in Bud as is it incorrect / has changed?
This is not something that you can change via Bud currently. You will need to contact your training provider who will be able to edit the details on your learning plan.
- What happens after I submit my application?
Once you have registered for Bud and submitted your initial application, your trainer will complete eligibility checks and will be in touch to discuss the next steps with you. You may need to complete some initial assessments or complete a signup meeting with your trainer.
- How can I reschedule my sign up meeting?
You will need to contact your trainer or the organisation delivering the training directly using the contact details you have been provided.
- How do I access my BKSB assessments?
If you are required to complete BKSB assessments for the programme you are enrolling onto then you will receive an email shortly after you have submitted your application, detailing how to log in to BKSB and access your assessments. Once you have completed your assessments, your trainer will be in touch to discuss any next steps in due course.
- Who do I contact if I have a question about my application?
If you haven't started your learning yet and have questions about your application, we recommend getting in touch with the training organisation directly in the first instance as they will be best placed to answer. If you are experiencing technical issues with accessing your application documents or registering for Bud your trainer will contact us on your behalf. Alternatively, you can raise a ticket to the Bud support team directly for assistance.
Activities and submissions
- Why am I not receiving emails from my trainer about my activities?
Check your spam folder in the first instance - sometimes emails sent via Bud can be redirected if you have a strong spam filter. If you still have no emails, please raise a support ticket to Bud's support team for further assistance.
- Can I upload multiple attachments to my submissions?
Yes. Bud offers the ability to select, drag and drop multiple files from a drive on your computer. You can also browse and upload files individually.
- How can I fix an error when I try to upload files to Bud?
Please ensure you remove any special characters (& / £) from the file name and check file sizes and compatibility requirements here. Sometimes, working over a secure connection or VPN can also interfere, so it's worthwhile trying on another device to see if you have the same issue. If after this you are still experiencing trouble uploading your files, contact the Bud support team for further assistance.
- I have a general question relating to my learning programme and activities - how do I get in touch?
Any questions relating to your learning and activities are best answered by your trainer. You can get in touch with your trainer via your learning portal by clicking on the trainer's contact details to send them a message.
- I have submitted my work but have more to add, can I re-submit?
Once you have made a submission, the trainer will need to respond and mark the work before you can submit more. Get in touch with your trainer as soon as possible to make them aware.
- When will my work be marked?
Your work will be marked by your trainer and the training organisation (not Bud) so you would need to contact them via your Bud portal directly. You can find out how to do this here.
- My trainer has left - who is my new one or who do I contact until I have a new one?
Bud cannot advise who your new trainer may be so you will need to contact the organisation delivering your training directly.
- I have completed my programme - How do I get copies of my certificates / proof of achievement?
Your training provider will be able to help you with this. Please contact them directly.
- My progress review is ready to sign - how do I do this?
Your trainer will send you an email inviting you to log in ad sign your review. Once you have logged in you will need to read through each of the tabs and review the comments. When you are ready, you can add your signature under the confirmation tab.