This guide is to go through the process of using activity library activities to build your standards programmes. When building standards programmes, you have two options for adding activities:
- Create an individual, bespoke activity for that specific programme manually
- Adding from the activity library
- Programme Contributor
- Programme Manager
How to: Add Activities to a Standards Programme Build Using the Activity Library
- Create your programme, completing the settings, standard, qualification and functional skills tabs in the usual way.
- On the activities tab select the 'add via activity library'
This will open a view of the activity library, note this will only present published activities. If any activities that you require are not showing return to the library and take that activity through the approval process.
- Search and select the required activity/activities
- You can select single activities, or filter and select all that are presented on the screen
- Search using the tag system, enabling you to easily identify groups of activities and add all at once
- Click ‘add selected to programme’
- You will be taken back to the activities tab in your programme build and will now be able to see the activities that have been added.
- You will notice a red alert appears on those activities stating the ‘start and end dates needed’.
- Click ‘edit’ to update this data. Please note, no other activity data is editable. Edits can only be made in the activity library.
- Click ‘save and close’ when you have updated as required.
- The red alert will now disappear, however, you can still edit those dates if required by going through the same process.
- You can now map your activities to the knowledge, skills and behaviours as required and click ‘save’.
- When ready, you can ‘request approval’. Note that if any activities have returned to a state of ‘draft’ or ‘awaiting approval’ in the library, they will be required to be published before you can publish the programme, and an alert will show.
Please note; you are advised not to clone a programme that uses activities from the library at this stage until propagation development has been completed. You should create a new programme and follow the above steps.