This article will guide you through how to create a programme for an apprenticeship framework.
This feature can be used by the following user roles:
- Programme Contributor
- Programme Manager
How to: Create a Programme for a Framework:
Prior to building your framework, you should know the types, titles and ordering of activities. The following video shows you how to set up a programme based on a framework. For those of you that would prefer to read through the process, the steps are also written out below the video:
How to Create a Programme - Written Steps:
1. Once you log in, navigate to the “Programmes” pane and press “Get Started”
2. Now navigate to the “New Programme” button:
3. You will then be asked to select whether your programme will be a standard or a framework. For the case of this example, we will set up a framework:
4. Now you will be asked to search for the framework. Either enter the framework code or part of the framework title to start your search:
5. Select the appropriate framework:
6. If your framework has different levels or pathways, it will be at this point that you choose the desired route:
7. You will be asked to select any associated qualifications or functional skills you wish to deliver as part of the programme:
8. Once you’ve selected the appropriate qualifications, hit the “Confirm and Create Programme” button:
Please note that qualifications can be changed or removed after this point so don’t worry.
9. The following page shows the next stages to programme setup:
10. The next section is the “qualifications” tab. This is where you can add, remove or edit qualification information associated with this programme. The “+ New Qualification” button gives you given a selection of relevant qualifications to select from:
If you hit the “Edit” button you can edit timescales and optional units from this section:
11. The “functional skills” tab allows you to add, remove or edit functional skills associated with this programme. The “edit” button will allow you to edit the suggested duration that these functional skills take as well as the start month. This is identical to the previous “qualifications” section functionality:
The basics of your programme are now set up and are editable at any time until you publish it. The next stage is to look at creating your activities within Bud.