This article will guide you through how to use the group functionality within Bud, including how to create your own group and add learners.
- Operations Manager
- Any user role with the 'Learner Activity Management' additional permission activated
How to: Create Groups
Groups can be accessed from the primary navigation bar under the “Learners” section. Please ensure that you have the correct permission to do this. You will be taken to the “Groups” homepage, which will show any groups already created.
The video below shows how to access the relevant area within Bud to create a group and add learners:
Creating your own Group
- Click “New Group”. You will be asked to enter a group name which must be unique to you.
- Click “Create Group”. A unique reference number will also be generated upon group creation.
This group will now appear in your group's list.
Adding Learners to Your Group
- Click on the group you wish to add learners to
- Click “Add learners”
- A list of learners assigned to you as the trainer will appear, detailing their programme name, employer, primary trainer, and start and end date. You can search by programme or filter learner status (this will default to 'in progress')
- Select the relevant learners you wish to add to the group using the tick box.
Using the “select all” box at the top of the list will select the maximum number of learners who can be added to each group, the limit for which is currently 100.
Once learners are added, they are shown on the group homepage, with the programme name, employer, primary trainer, and end date. (see image below)
- More learners can be added by selecting the “Add Learners” button.
- ALS learners are flagged with a handshake symbol next to their name.
- Clicking a learner’s name will open their Learner Plan in a new tab.
- You can filter learners in a group by programme and status (this will default to 'in progress')
Automatic Removal of Learners:
- If a learner is assigned a new primary trainer they will be automatically removed from any of their original trainer's groups.
- If an Operations Manager has a trainer removed as their subordinate any learners associated with the trainer will automatically be removed from the Operations Manager's groups.
- Learners can not be manually removed from a group
- Operations Managers will only be able to create groups that include learners associated with them or their trainers – where the trainer is the primary trainer.
- The learner list appears based on the user's permissions. Only learners will be displayed that a user has the permissions to access.
- Learners on break in learning can not be added to groups.