Within the Learning Overview, it is possible to change the expected end date for a learner. This could be done because the learner isn't due to complete the programme when originally expected, or due to an administration error.
- Ops Manager
How to: Change the Expected End Date
Within the Overview section, you will see a 'Key Dates' panel that will show you information about the dates of the apprenticeship.
The video below shows how to access the relevant area within Bud to amend the expected end date:
- To change the expected end date this can be done by selecting 'Edit' in the key dates panel. Note if you do not see the 'edit' button it means you don't have the permission to change it. Please contact support or your nominated contact to amend your permissions if this is the case.
- When you select 'edit' the panel will expand to allow you to enter a new expected end date:
- The system will not allow you to enter a date that is earlier than allowed under the funding rules. For example, you can't set a date that would mean a standard is due to be completed before the minimum duration of 12 months.
- You also have the opportunity to update the ILR data within Bud. As per the funding guidance, this should only be done within the first 6 weeks of the programme, due to an administrative error.
- Finally, you will have to enter a comment as to why the end date is being updated.
When you save the change, the end date will be updated for the learner. If the learner is completing a Standard programme, then the final training date will be updated. This will be displayed in the Learning Plan, and the ILR will be updated if applicable.