This article details how providers can enrol applicants on to other and skills training (OST) programmes. Please note for OST enrolment the following feature switch must be enabled:
- Other Skills & Training (each funding stream)
Please speak to your account manager to discuss enabling this
- Operations Manager
How to: Adding Vocational or Professional Training
In addition to apprenticeships Bud offers:
- Advanced Learner Loans
Only the options relevant to your training provider will be enabled. Should you wish to activate any additional options please speak to your account manager.
If you do have one of these options enabled then under 'Applications' you will now see two options:
- Apprenticeships - takes you to apprenticeship applications
- Other Training - takes you to applications for all other types of training, which will list out your existing applications
Once you’ve selected the programme you require you are required to input some basic details regarding the applicant:
- Select 'no' to continue to complete the application. If you wish the applicant to complete their details click here to find out more.
- Work through “Applicant Info” Sections 1-7 and “Programme Info” Sections 1-2 as outlined below:
Section 1 – Personal Information
- Personal Information is a required section.
- ULN is not a required field, however, if you enter a number that is not a recognised ULN, it will create an error message. For more information on finding a ULN using the learner records service (LRS) click here.
Section 2 – Residency Information
- Residency Information is a required section.
- Enter the Applicant's address and background.
Section 3 – Identification
- Identification is not a required section, you can enter it but it does not provide a “Green Tick”. If you leave this section blank you can still proceed.
Section 4 – Support & Access
- Support and Access is not a required section, you can enter it but it does not provide a “Green Tick”. If you leave this section blank you can still proceed.
Section 5 – Qualifications
- This is a required section
- Enter Learning Status. For more information on finding a Personal Learning Record and previous qualifications using the learner records service (LRS) click here.
Section 6 – Employment Status
- Enter employment status and employment length and start date
- You will also be asked whether the employer will be involved in the training programme:
Section 7 – Initial Assessment
- Initial Assessments is not a required section, you can enter it but it does not provide a “Green Tick”. If you leave this section blank you can still proceed.
Section 1 – Programme Selection
- Programme Selection is a required section.
- Select the Programme and Learner Preferences. Please note only programmes for the funding type selected at the start of the application will show.
Section 2 – Learning Dates
- Learning Dates is a required section.
- Enter the Learner's Start and End dates.
- Once the mandatory fields are complete, you must select “Start Learning” This will set your Learner up fully and from here you can set Activities for your Learner to start making progress on.
- Selecting this will generate a learning plan, send an automated invitation to the learner and set the application status to 'Signed Up'.
- The application is now completed, and the applicant has become a learner.
For AEB applications you'll see two new pages in the ‘Programme info’ section:
- Programme question: This page includes questions required for compliance with the AEB funding rules and information required for ILR automation in the future.
- Learner IAG: This page includes questions relating to the learner’s information, advice, and guidance. This is a key aspect of AEB funding.
Archiving an Application
There is also an archive function within OST, which is accessible via the button as shown below. This will move the application to 'read only' and you will not be able to edit the application again. Please note, that archiving an application cannot be undone. If you wish to unarchive an application, you will need to start again.