This article will guide you through how to specify how an apprenticeship is going to be funded, be it by the ESFA, Levy Funded, or Co-Invested between the ESFA and the employer. This would have been identified when completing the employer details in the additional details section. Should the employer have to contribute, Bud calculates how much the employer will be contributing and provides a range of payment options.
- Operations Manager
- General Administrator
- Compliance Administrator
How to: Identify Funding
Calculations are based on the individual applicant’s circumstances, taking into account:
- The applicant's age
- Whether the applicant has previously been in care, or if they have an educational health care plan
- Number of employees at the employer
- Levy status of the employer
- Start date of the apprenticeship
- Any discounts provided for prior learning
- The maximum funding available for the programme
This enables Bud to generate a unique and accurate funding outcome which can then be agreed with the employer before the apprenticeship begins.
The funding steps will be presented once the training plan has been signed. The learning plan is created as soon as the training plan is signed, as a result, the funding steps do not have to be completed before learning can commence. The funding section can be completed as part of a sign-up meeting, by the trainer, or at a separate stage by another user.